Dating website for new york ayi dating site deleted
In 1967, 200 residents stated support for a plan to incorporate Purchase, a community in Harrison, so that corporations could not build in the community.
The resolution was for the Town became a hybrid "Town / Village," which it remains today. Passidomo (1921–2005) was first elected Mayor in 1965 by only 67 votes.
The mayor played an instrumental role in attracting large corporations such as Pepsi Co, Master Card and Texaco.
In the early 1970s, under Passidomo's supervision, a group in the Purchase section of town, concerned about the town's overdevelopment, attempted to incorporate as a village and thereby separate from the town of Harrison.
What is now the Metro-North Railroad's New Haven Line, running from Manhattan, New York City, to Greenwich, Connecticut, first came through Harrison in 1848, though the first station was not built until 1870.
Before that time, Harrisonites had to flag down the train to get a ride.
Harrison was established in 1696 by a patent granted by the British government to John Harrison and three others, who had a year earlier bargained with local Native Americans to purchase an area of land above Westchester Path (an old trail that led from Manhattan to Port Chester) and below Rye Lake.
Harrison's "Platinum Mile", a string of corporate office parks along I-287 in the Purchase section of Harrison, developed under Passidomo.22.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.20. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 85.2 males.Creatively, to avoid being served papers that would have begun the legal proceedings for Purchase to incorporate as a village, Passidomo entered his office through the fire escape.He then immediately made sure that the town Harrison became a village but remained as a town to end to the possibility of Purchase's secession, since a village cannot legally be formed in another village.
There is also Reid Castle, once called the Ophir House, before being renamed for a later purchaser.